Steamship Terminals, Commissioners of

Agency Website

Not available

Statutory Authority

Connecticut General Statutes, 1939 supplement, Sec. 1059e

Agency History 

1909, Special Act 09-373

Connecticut Rivers and Harbors Commission  created

1911, Chapter 105 (Public Acts)

Rivers, Harbors and Bridges Commission established

1939, Chapter 330 (Public Acts)

Name changed to Commissioners of Steamship Terminals

1969, October 1, Public Act 69-768

Merged into the new Department of Transportation; became the Bureau of Waterways

Published Histories/Articles

Armstead, George B. The State Services of Connecticut. Published under the direction of the Committee on Public Information and the House Committee on Publications of the General Assembly of the State of Connecticut. 1946, pp. 186-192. [CSL Call Number ConnDoc G25 ar]

Agency Documents

Check the State Library catalog for availability of publications by the agency:

Annual Reports are located in:

1909-1912, [CSL Call Number ConnDoc R524]
Public Documents of the State of Connecticut. [CSL Call Number ConnDoc G25m]
Digest of Adminstrative Reports to the Governor. [CSL Call Number ConnDoc F40 d]

State Archives Record Group: Not available

List of Heads

For a list of members/heads prior to 1947, please consult the Register & Manual.

Name

Years of Service

Chairman  
Frank V. Chappell 1947-1948
Engineer-Secretary  
Waldo E. Clarke 1949-1952
James D. Murphy (Interim) 1953
Chairman  
Louis C. Wool 1955-1957
Bertram N. Rossiter 1958-1962
Samuel Flaxman 1963-1969