Connecticut Public Libraries: A Statistical Profile
The profile is based on data provided in the Connecticut Public Library Annual Report .
- Official 2013 Statistical Profile - Library Version (Excel file). Also in PDF.
- Official 2013 Statistical Profile - Town Version Addendum (Excel file). Also in PDF. Combines stats for towns with more than one library.
- Official 2012 Statistical Profile - Library Version (Excel file). Also in PDF.
- Official 2012 Statistical Profile - Town Version Addendum (Excel file). Also in PDF.
Browse each worksheet by choosing the different tabs at the bottom of the spreadsheet. Each worksheet has a filter/sort tool that allows users to choose specific libraries by any variable (including population and wealth) and then sort them by any variable. This is an important tool if you are trying to compare libraries that serve the same size and type of community. This Guide to the Statistical Profile can help show how.
Resources created using data from the Statistical Profile:
- Automatic Chart-Makers (create customized statistical charts for your library)
- Connecticut Libraries Fact Sheet
- Connecticut Public Library Statistics, By County, 1996-on (PDF)
- Foreign Language Collections in CT Public Libraries (PDF)
- Selected Library Statistics for All CT Public Libraries, 1996-on
- Statewide Charts from the Statistical Profile (PDF)
- Statistical Trends for CT Public Libraries (PDF)
- Ten Myths About CT Public Libraries
If you have questions about the Profile, or want to find out ways to customize it for your library, please contact Tom Newman at 860-757-6573.