Connecticut State Library & Supreme Court Building
- From Interstate 84 Eastbound - take Exit 48, Capitol Ave. The Library is diagonally across Capitol Ave. at the end of the exit ramp.
- From Interstate 84 Westbound - take Exit 47, Sigourney St. Turn Left under Interstate 84; Left again back onto Interstate 84 eastbound. Take Exit 48, Capitol Ave. The Library is diagonally across Capitol Ave. at the end of the exit ramp.
- From Interstate 91 North or Southbound - take Exit 29A, Capitol Area. At the traffic circle, take Elm Street (Bushnell Park will be on your right). At the traffic light, turn Left onto Trinity Street. At the next light, the Library is diagonally across Capitol Ave, directly across from the State Capitol.
- On Saturdays from 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m., free parking is available for patrons in the State Library/Supreme Court lot adjacent to the building. Enter from Oak Street; the gate will be up. At other times, patrons can park in the following locations.
- Metered on-street parking is available on Oak, Russ, Lafayette (one-way street from Capitol Ave.), and Buckingham streets. The library staff does not make change for use in parking meters, so patrons should come with a supply of quarters.
- All-day free parking on Hungerford Street, (one-way street from Capitol Ave.) one block west of, and parallel to, Oak Street. Early arrivals may find spaces in the Capitol Place parking garage at 21 Oak St. A parking lot at Buckingham and Hudson Streets offers reasonable all-day rates.
- Call the State Library/Supreme Court Security Office (860) 757-2299 for information on Handicapped parking and access to the building.
Local FacilitiesHow to get here
Where to Stay
Where to Eat
The State Library has no restaurant facilities. A cafeteria at the Legislative Office Building diagonally across Capitol Ave. is open to the public. A small restaurant is available on the first floor of the CEA building on Oak Street and vendor trucks are available around Bushnell Park in warm months.
What to Do