Geography & Maps
We maintain an extensive collection of maps and related material at the Library. Please visit or contact us to use any of these materials:
- Aerial survey photographs of Connecticut
- Manuscript maps related to Connecticut
- Maps and atlases documenting America's participation in wars from the colonial period to the present
- Maps, atlases, and gazetteers
- Maps from Connecticut state and United States government publications
- Maps used in the Hale Headstone Collection survey
- Metropolitan District Commission town maps of the Hartford area
- Microfilmed copies of the Library of Congress' collections of Sanborn Fire Insurance Maps for Connecticut, ca. 1884-1950 and 1951-1970, and Digital Sanborn Maps 1867-1970, Connecticut (available for use at the State Library only)
- New England topographic maps
- Survey maps
- Worldwide maps and atlases from the 17th century to the present, including political, road/street, thematic, and topographic map
Full color, digital collection of over 200,000 United States and World maps and atlases spanning several hundred years.
Sanborn fire insurance maps for Connecticut towns and cities between 1867 and 1970.