The most comprehensive collection of Connecticut newspapers known to exist.
- Current original newspapers, and newspapers on microfilm are available at 231 Capitol Ave. during regular business hours. We do not retain the original paper after we receive the microfilm.
- Newspapers older than 6 months, that we do not have on microfilm, are either in a secured area or our offsite facility.
- Newspapers on microfilm (3 reels at a time) may be available to you on Interlibrary Loan
Historical newspaper database covering over 400 cities and towns from the U.S., Canada, and the U.K. dating back as far as the 1700's. More details in the library catalog.
Newspaper. Coverage: Dec.1999 to current.
Full-text collection of books, pamphlets, broadsides, newspapers, government documents and ephemera printed in America from 1639-1800. This collection is based on the bibliography originally compiled and edited by Charles Evans. More details in the library catalog.
Full-text of newspapers, 1690-1922. Coverage: 1690 - mid 19th Century. Eastern North America. More details in the library catalog.
Newspaper. Coverage: 1764 to December 31, 1922. Access provided by iCONN. More details in the library catalog.
Newspaper. Coverage: 1764-1988. Access to 1764-1922 is provided by iCONN. Access to 1923-1988 is a separate subscription provided by the Connecticut State Library and requires a CT State Library card. More details in the library catalog.
Newspaper. Coverage: 1992 to current. Access provided by iCONN.
Provides a convenient way from your desktop browser to access Hartford Courant microfilm content in a digital format, without the need for a traditional microfilm reader/printer. Coverage 2008 onwards.
Hartford Courant eCourant is a daily, online replica of the print version of the Hartford Courant - including every article, photograph, and advertisement. Search and navigate through the paper online, download or email articles, photos, etc. Coverage: Most recent 30 days. Please ask a Librarian for login assistance.
- Christian Science Monitor (1988-present)
- Hartford Courant - Historical (1764-1922)
- Hartford Courant (1992-present)
- Los Angeles Times (1985-present)
- New York Times (1985-present)
- Sunday Times (London, England) (1985-present)
- The Times (London, England) (1985-present)
- Wall Street Journal (1984-present)
- Washington Post (1987-present)
Historical New York Times with Index.
Coverage: Full-text: 1851-2009. Index: 1851-1993.
Full text of the New York Times newspaper, 1980 to current. The complete text of recent articles is provided in the ASCII format. The New York Times Book Review and Sunday Magazine are provided in PDF format. Access provided by iCONN.